Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Evans EC2

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kurt R's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EVProd...D=1&CLASS=RDJA

    Now who has used them? I know Pete uses them.

    I'd like to get an idea on how they sound.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Drumdoc69's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using them right now. They sound similar to clear emperors.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm dying to try them myself. I'll try one out on one of my toms later this week and report back.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member drumgod1's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2002
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried 'em at Summer NAMM. They sounded good! Something between a Pinstripe & an Emperor.

    Mike

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CLWarunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So they are pretty heavy then! I thought they were single ply with sound control type rings? Are they double? I was thinking about getting a set too.

    EDIT: Ok, I see that they are 2-ply and IMO look like Evans take on a remo Pinstripe... maybe with more tuning range.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 03:35 PM: Message edited by: CLWarunki ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Drumdoc69's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They do remind me of pinstripes only a little brighter. Since I started using these heads, I've gotten many complements from fellow musicians. I think that's mostly because of our soundman.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The word from Vito Rezza is "They're killer!". Erskine highly recommended them too, so they're going to be my next set of heads.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member moosetication's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right, that's it ... I have to try some of these things.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mja61's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw these heads last week. They seem identical to a clear G2 batter, except for the ring. It's is basically a thin slotted foil tape stuck to the underside of the head, not between the film layers as I would have guessed.

    I was looking for a more open sound, so I ended up just buying clear G1's. At nearly double the price, I would expect the EC-2 heads to deliver outstanding sound and durability. This might make for a great bass drum head if they ever expand the line.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mja61:
    It's is basically a thin slotted foil tape stuck to the underside of the head, not between the film layers as I would have guessed.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh! I thought that the 'foil' ring was sandwiched in between the layers. Are your sure it's underneath?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •